Duden - German spelling dictionary for Android - Duden - German spelling dictionary
The comprehensive basic work follows the new Official Spelling Rules.
The 25th edition of the Duden - German spelling dictionary contains spelling, word division and rules dated August, 2006, obligatory for all schools and authorities. The new Duden presents contemporary vocabulary of the German language so fully as never before. Duden recommendations (”Duden-Empfehlungen") are new for this edition and prescribe the right spelling in such disputable cases as „Saxofon” or „Saxophon”? In all the cases, where the new Official Rules permit several variants of spelling, Duden gives a recommendation, which is marked yellow. These recommendations should be looked upon as suggestion and help in word choice for the workers of mass media, enterprises, publishing houses, editorial staffs and all the private persons, who attach importance to common orthography. All the new spelling and word division variants are highlit red for the better viewing.
* Over 135,000 keywords;
* 3,000 new words, e.g. „Internettelefonie” „kleinreden”, „Publikumsjoker”, „Sudoku”, „Telenovela”, „USB-Stick” etc.;
* Over 500,000 illustrative examples, meaning explanations and information about word division, pronunciation, grammar, etymology, and style;
* Sound Module provided by ARD databank contains 9,000 German pronunciation samples of difficult words.
* NEW: Duden provides several acceptable spellings where possible.
* Look up unfamiliar words in Duden dictionary directly from the home screen! Now Duden dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.*
* German audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
* Use Fuzzy Search in case of misspelling. Just enter a wrong variant and get a list of similar words.
* Find the word even if you don't know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (use "?” and "*” symbols to replace the missing letters).
* Integrate Duden dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
* Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using Duden dictionary. Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from Duden dictionary is changed daily.**
* Dictionary installation on memory cards.
* Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
* Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up
* No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary to your device and use it with no further expense incurred
* Multilingual interface available in English and German languages.
* To turn on this option, install Duden dictionary and go to Menu->Settings->Search->Searchable items.
** Words from your Flash Cards are demonstrated more frequently if Flash Cards application is installed on the device.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 2.1, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x
Other Software by developer «Paragon Software (SHDD) - Penreader»: