Music Launcher is a music player for Symbian s60 5th edition mobiles. With Music Launcher you can organize your music into folders. Selecting what to play is as easy as selecting several folders. Music Launcher supports sub-folders, and also individual files can be selected/unselected inside each folder. This way of organizing music has two main advantages over the "modern" way of organizing music as Artists-Albums-Genres-Playlists:
* You can have your compilations into folders, and you just need to select those folders to play the desired compilations. In the Artists-Albums-Genres-Playlists way of organizing music this can be achieved only by creating a playlist, which is time-consuming and rigid.
* You can listen to different music each time you start listening: just select some folders from your music, including your compilation folders. No need to create a playlist each time you want to listen to something else.
- Music Launcher plays the same music formats as the Music Player that comes with your phone. It also supports album art, and on some devices, crossfading between tracks.
- Music Launcher allows you to do some management to your music files: move, rename, delete files and folders and create new folders.
- You can send Music Launcher to your friends by Bluetooth or you can send them the URL from where to download by SMS. Spread the fun!
It is easy to stay up-to-date with new versions of Music Launcher. The application has a "Check for Updates" command that allows you to download and install new versions, once they become available.
What's New in This Release:
· Support for embedded cover art. The album art engine has been enhanced a lot.
· Album art files (cover.jpg and/or folder.jpg) are also looked into a "__Covers" subfolder of the music folders. The album art filename has the format Artist-Album.jpg. For example, if you are currently playing "e:/MyMusic/Compilation/Nightwish - Planet Hell.mp3" from the Music folder "e:/MyMusic" and if the Album and Artist metadata fields of the file's ID3 are properly set, then MLauncher is also looking for the file "e:/MyMusic/__Covers/Nightwish-Once.jpg" and uses it if available.
· Further more, you can enable (from Preferences) the so called "hint files". If this is enabled, and the jpg above has not been found, MLauncher will create a file (zero length) "e:/MyMusic/__Covers/Nightwish-Once.hint". You can then look what hint files are created and replace them with real album art.
· FLAC and ogg plugin comes now embedded into MLauncher, although it is not installed by default. If you try to play a FLAC or ogg file and the plugin is not installed, you will be prompted to install it.
· There is now a Dutch translation (localisation) thanks to Hans Dorssers, in addition to the Bulgarian translation.
· The management of Music folders (those folders where you have collected your music) should be now (hopefully) clearer. You cannot delete a Music folder (from the list) unless it is empty, but you can disable it, as before. Adding Music folders works now, although you should use this feature carefully.
· Many fixes and performance improvements. Much of the internal engine has been rewritten, hopefully for the better.
What's New in This Release:
· 20 volume steps on phones supporting it (Symbian Belle)
· Theme color can change to match the dominant color of the album art (off by default, on from the Options->Color menu in Music Player view)
· fixed one bug that caused most of the crashes in 0.105
What's New in 0.104 beta:
· MLauncher knows 2 types of playlists: music and audiobook. Music playlists will by default be randomized and crossfaded, audiobooks playlists will not.
· There are 2 types of "Source" folders: music and audiobooks.
· FLAC and ogg files are supported by installing an additional plugin.
· All Symbian version since 3rd edition supported, including Symbian Anna and Belle.
· Bulgarian translation (localisation) thanks to Kostadin Kolev.
· Many fixes, some performance improvements.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
S60 5th Edition
WMP 11 PowerMP3 Skins WMP 11 PowerMP3 Skins - WMP 11 Skins changes your default PowerMP3 3.01 skins (Classic I), into similiar to WMP 11 on PC.
PowerMP3 will turn your Sony Ericsson smartphone into powerful MP3, OGG, AAC and MA4 player
Moodagent (Symbian) Moodagent (Symbian) - Match your music to your mood or change your mood with your music.
As any music enthusiast knows, it can be extremely time-consuming to comb through an entire music library to create the perfect playlist. Enter Moodagent and create instant playlists of your favorite music based on your mood
m Audiobook Player m Audiobook Player - An audiobook player for Symbian UIQ and S60 smartphones
VITO SoundExplorer UIQ VITO SoundExplorer is the first application to record MP3 audio on SonyEricsson P800/P900. It allows you to save lots of memory space just by keeping all your recordings in this popular multimedia format. Length of recording is limited only by your free memory size. Record to any location in your phone directly, including your Memory Stick Duo
MP3 BASE STEREO MP3 BASE STEREO - MP3BASE STEREO is a stereo music player for your phone.
10-band equalizer optimizes your tracks to perfection.
Music can be listened through phone speaker or headset. Playlist view lets user to manage tracks. Playback, pause, stop, next and previous functions are available to control the player
mpdClient A mobile client to control the music player daemon (MPD) from a Symbian phone via Wifi
XSound Theme - Tropical Theme XSound Theme - Tropical Theme - XSound Sound Player and Dictaphone theme
The Tropical theme
SymbCode decided to reduce the installation file size. The skins will be available separatly from the sis file. So, after you downloaded and installed the XSound Sound Player application, you will find the skins separatly on Hanadano and on the official site, too
Other Software by developer «mlauncher»:
Comments on Music Launcher:
How can I set so that it plays my songs in the correct sequence, it seem to be forever in shuffle mode and hence difficult to navigate to the songs one wants to play
Date: 2 Nov 10
Date: 27 Feb 11
Date: 25 Aug 11
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Music Launcher supports it