is your calculator and nobody else's: like most other calculator applications, it has a number of function buttons, which perform specific calculations on the number entered or calculated. But unlike in other applications, the buttons in My Calcul
can be programmed by you to do exactly the calculations you want
. You are free to set the name of each function button, the calculation formula behind it, and its color. The calculation formula behind each button can take several named variables (like for example bill
), and an unlimited number of parenthesis.12 buttons on the screen is not enough? You can prepare as many different pages of 12 buttons as you want, so that you can have an unlimited number of calculations stored and available at any time.
features a Solver
module. When the user loads an equation with n
variables (up to 6), the application automatically builds up a table with one line per variable. The table can be used like a small spreadsheet where the user enters values for any sub-set of n-1
variables and let the application calculate the value of the n
th variable to solve the equation. Each cell in this special kind of spreadsheet is both an input cell and a calculated cell. This is very useful for all "what if" type calculations.
Main features of My Calcul
- the calculation formulae can have up to 255 characters, with an unlimited number of parenthesis and named variables. The last value of each variable is memorized within one session, and it is offered as default value when the same variable is used again, in the same formula or in another formula.
- the following functions are recognized in formulae: log, ln, factorial, sin, cos, tan, acos, asin, atan, cosh, sinh, acosh, asinh. The numbers pi and e are also recognized.
- pages can be exported in text files, which can be edited outside the application (new functions, new pages,...) and reimported in the application. Full pages can also be exchanged between phones, attached to an email or beamed via bluetooth...
- one can store an unlimited number of equations to solve problems in all possible areas: finance, engineering, conversions...
- the calculator can operate in standard algebraic mode or in RPN mode (Reverse Polish Notation).
- the application is fully operational with the flip closed (P990i)
is available in English, French and German.