Motorola DROID X maintenance upgrade from Verizon Wireless.
1. Download "update.zip" to the root of your SD card.
2. Do not unzip or rename the file.
3. With the "update.zip" file on your SD card and not in a folder, power off your mobile phone.
4. Boot into recovery mode by holding down "Home" and then "Power" until you see an exclamation mark.
5. Then press the "Search" button and you will enter recovery.
6. Using the volume keys, highlight "apply update.zip" and press in the camera button.
7. The update will now be applied.
What's New in This Release:
· Preloaded Madden NFL football game;
· Preloaded Adobe Flash Player 10.1;
· Preloaded MyVerizon application (v5);
· Added Data Widget to home panel;
· Improved Android OS Froyo stability.
· Improvements to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync: Enhancements to corporate email sync and push stop; PIN lock timeout now follows the server's settings; Enhancements to SMTP authentication.
· Improvements to Visual Voice Mail: “Failed delivery to” message displays correctly when messages can't be sent; Audio routes correctly to speaker, even when connected to a mono Bluetooth headset.
· Device now supports MP3 media files after MR2 update;
· MusicPlay now runs smoothly and without lock-ups;
· Weather widget stays with assigned location updates, not current location;
· “Smart Profile: Face Down” feature will not permanently disable the phone's ringer;
· Enhanced audio sync when playing high quality WMV videos;
· Improved video playback;
· Clearer colors assigned to soft keys in applications such as Google Maps;
· In the Contacts widget, keyboard now appears when using “type to search”;
· Eliminated camera “Force Close” errors;
· Device lock remains, even after a long, hard key press;
· Quicker wake-up of display when on a call
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 1.0, Google Android 1.5, Google Android 1.6, Google Android 2.0, Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x
VZW Tones Tired of hearing the same ringtone when some calls you? VZW Tones has the latest Ringback tones and Ringtones from your favorite artists. Download, preview, and manage the latest Ringback tones, Ringtones, and Ringback tones Jukeboxes right from your phone
Verizon Home Control With Verizon's Home Control application for smartphones, now you can manage your home remotely from almost anywhere!
Verizon FiOS Mobile FiOS customers can use FiOS Mobile for iPad to set parental controls, set bookmarks, browse and search TV programming, browse and search thousands of VOD listings, update set-top box names, and more