ActiveSync Toggle- wonderful Microsoft program for synchronising data between your PDA and PC. It loads itself automatically, syncs your PDA with your PC, then sits there, patiently waiting to synchronise any piece of data that you change. So what's with this ActiveSync Toggle then... Well, annoyingly (at the time of writing) Microsoft have yet to include a facility to 'Load ActiveSync at Startup' or even an 'Exit' option from the System Tray Icon. If, like us, you don't sync your PDA every minute of the day, it means ActiveSync is sitting around in memory using up valuable resources. Even more annoying is the fact that if you try to remove the registry entry that automatically loads ActiveSync, it very kindly adds it again (as long as it's running) meaning it always stays open. ActiveSync Toggle allows you to either load or unload ActiveSync from memory whilst also removing the registry key that automatically loads it upon starting Windows. Update Description:
- ActiveSync can now be disabled even when your PDA is connected (this should also improve the reliability of the disabling process).
- Added command line support (/sync). v188.8.131.52 Beta:
- Added command line support (/toggle).
- Slight speed improvement when enabling & disabling. v184.108.40.206 Beta:
- RAPI Manager process is now enabled & disabled (ActiveSync Version 4 and later).
- Mobile Device icon in Windows Explorer is now enabled & disabled (Explorer windows must be closed and re-opened to see changes).
- Added command line support (run "ActiveSyncToggle /help" for further details). v220.127.116.11:
- Fixed problem where disabling then enabling ActiveSync wouldn't allow the 'Connection Settings' window to be opened (thanks to Martin Gilligan). v18.104.22.168:
- Fixed memory leak.
- Fixed 'ActiveSync does not appear to be installed' problem where certain security policies were applied to the registry (thanks to Michael Ostertag).
- Reduced timeout (to close & open ActiveSync processes) from twenty to ten seconds.
- Improved handling of aborted attempts when trying to enable & disable ActiveSync.
- Fixed problem were ActiveSync could not be enabled on some NT4 machines (thanks to Michael Ostertag).
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 6 Classic, Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional
OxyCube OxyCube is designed to be a compelling replacement of standard PC software from phone manufacturers, such as Nokia PC Suite, Sony Ericsson PC Suite, Samsung PC Studio, etc
Vip-agent Agent to store and synchronize files and deliver news
Microsoft ActiveSync ActiveSync is a mobile data synchronization technology and protocol developed by Microsoft
PdaReach Ever dream of controlling your Palm Handheld directly from your PC?
ActiveSync Latest sync software for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs and Smartphones
PDAsync Mobile Phone & PDA to PC Synchronization Software
SmartiOne Smartione is a very nice little application that allows you to tweak and configure your Smartphone from your PC
Easy Sync Flexible File & Folders Sync with Windows Mobile
Comments on ActiveSync Toggle:
Date: 21 Jul 11
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.