jCompile - Compose, edit and compile Personal Java directly on your P800 smartphone or Psion computer!
Malcolm Bryant and FreEPOC bring you a self-contained way to develop and maintain Java programs without requiring the Symbian Java SDK, or even a Windows PC. Realistically, you won't want to write large Java programs without using a keyboard. But for compiling simple Java programs from scratch, or for editing/debugging larger Java programs "on the go", our Java compiler contains everything you need.
Included in the distribution package:
* File Manager (Symbian Ltd) to move files around on your P800
* Redirect (Symbian Ltd) to enable the standard Java output stream
* jText (FreEPOC) to write and edit java source code
* jCompile (FreEPOC) the Java compiler for the P800
* jRun (FreEPOC) a Java wrapper to make Java class files available in the P800 Application list
* jCompile User Guide - an introduction to using the Java compiler
* Two simple examples of Java source code which can be compiled and run
Note: this Java compiler is intended for experienced users only. The compiler works for Personal Java only - it will not work for other Java variants such as Java MIDP. We have no plans to produce other Java compilers. While we have made every effort to ensure everything works correctly, you use the software at your own risk. We will provide support for the compiler itself but unfortunately, we do not have time to answer general Java programming queries.
We acknowledge the trademarks and rights of Sun Microsystems and Symbian Ltd. A special word of thanks to Frank Bodmann, who wrote Javac for the Psion Series 5 on which this program is based.
To avoid any possible contravention of Sun's licence agreements, we are unable to include any of Sun's Java class files in our distribution. You will need to download Sun's Java SDK (which is free) to extract and re-package some Java class files. We provide full details in the Readme.txt file included in the distribution zip.
Happy Java Programming on your P800 or Psion :-)
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
PySChart Create charts or graphs through PyS60 (Python for S60) platform for Symbian S60 phones