iMap Weather Radio - With iMapWeather Radio you will receive critical voice and text alerts on life-threatening weather events. Your iPhone will "wake up" and also "follow you" with alerts wherever you go. Listen with ease to local weather forecasts while you are on the move. Enjoy the power of a Weather Radio, with all the convenience and precision of a smart phone.
Data and alerting available for the United States only.
· More Precise Alerts: iMapWeather Radio provides more precise alerts than those offered by the typical consumer alerting service. Most alerting services will alert you to severe weather if you are in a county only partially covered by a watch/warning, even if you are not actually directly in the watch/warning. With iMapWeather Radio you only get an alert if your device or saved locations fall inside a watch/warning box. That means you are not disturbed by false alarms.
· Follow Me: Follow me is a critical feature if you are on the go. Imagine you are driving through severe weather, or trying to get away from severe weather. This app will alert you if you move into an area under a watch/warning without you having to do anything. You don't have to stop and add a new location. The app will make sure to deliver alerts to you no matter where you are.
· Friends and Family: iMapWeather Radio can follow your current location alerting you to dangerous weather, but you can also save five additional stationary locations. That means you can make sure friends and family, at school, out of state, at a ballgame, etc., are safe as well.
· Battery Management: The application is designed conserve your battery even though it uses GPS to give you alerts for your current location. We can't give away our secret sauce, but just know we are careful to limit the GPS usage and we dynamically reduce the usage to help extend battery life.
· Audio: iMapWeather Radio provides audio alerts in the form of beeps followed by a brief description of the alert type. The audio could wake you in the middle of the night or give you the information you need when you can't stop to look at the phone. Furthermore, you can always listen to the alerts and forecast for your area at any time.
· Video: In markets where local media partners participate, you can get streaming video of severe weather coverage. So, you can get up-to-the-minute coverage.
· Trusted Provider: WDT Inc., is a trusted weather provider for most of the major weather brands in the U.S. Weather is our business and has been for more than 10 years. That means you can count on us to create a top notch app and continue to improve it.
What's New in This Release:
· We listened to your feedback and we have brought back the forecast text along with the graphical forecast.
· The hourly forecast now displays wind direction and speed.
· You can now hear a test alert from the "Learn More about Weather Radio" or "Upgrade to Weather Radio" section by tapping on the Push Notifications section.
· Fixed Twitter display issue.
· Performance Enhancements and bug fixes
What's New in 2.2:
· You can now view 1,2, & 3 Day Storm Prediction Center Convective Outlooks. The convective outlooks serve as guidance for severe weather probabilities and overall threat. Three separate risk areas (slight, moderate and high) are used to describe the expected coverage and intensity for the categorical severe weather threat for 1-3 days.
· The application now supports additional content from our media partners. Look for new content including Twitter and Facebook, On-demand video, news, and more.
· Local media partner meteorologists can now override the extended forecast with their local forecast so you know you are getting an extended forecast from a meteorologist in your area.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)
Other Software by developer «Weather Decision Technologies»:
NewsChannel 3 Live VIPIR Radar NewsChannel 3's Live VIPIR Radar is a full featured weather application with the tools to keep you informed of weather news, current conditions and forecasts
iMapRadar IMapRadar displays up-to-date, detailed information in the form of radar and clouds (satellite) on an interactive map along with current conditions, full 7 day, and hourly forecasts
FOX 17 Weather With the FOX 17 weather app, you'll have the latest forecasts and reports on current conditions for Grand Rapids and West Michigan
iStormCenter IStormCenter gives you immediate access to the latest news on hurricanes, straight to your iPhone from the experts at the National Hurricane Center
Q13FOX Sun Tracker Need sunshine? Follow our Sun Tracker and find out when you'll need to apply sunscreen again
iMap Weather Built upon state-of-the-science technologies, this multimedia weather platform provides location-based radar images, lighting strikes, current conditions and forecasts