Wii homebrew dev Owen is back with the release of the cool Wii Homebrew game called Newo Asteroids.A This brings the game to version 1.5.A So if you are ready to get your space shooting action on then check out Newo Asteroids version 1.5.A Owen mentions that he has fixed several bugs since the last release of Newo Asteroids.A The full changelog is listed below.
Changes in version 1.5
"* The target cursor was off center whenever it was at 45 degree angle because it was stuck to the 2d screen. I put it in the 3d world now which makes it a little awkward but it should still work as long as you don't point to the very edge of the tv. The target cursor also shows the amount of "energy rings" you have collected and turns red if you are currently over heated and cooling down. The target cursor no longer uses cursor.png because it loses its transparency if I stretch
it in the 3d world.
* Added Hard mode which doubles the enemies to 300 and reduces the
asteroids to 500 making the game more of a resource grab and bullet hell than before. I clear out the area around the player when you start in Hard or Easy because it was getting difficult to escape the fire just as you start playing. Easy mode has more asteroids, less enemies and no over heating. Normal is normal.
* Added a new achievement called "50k wildfire" for shooting 50,000 bullets. It accumulates across game so it should be easy to complete. Now I have a total of 21 achievements.
* Music should loop correctly now.
* I doubled the distance that the "Journey" achievement takes to complete. Its now 10,000 pixels.
* Also note that I really cannot test the game in dolphin or Homebrew filter so if you are having framerate issues then you are out of luck.
* You score on on screen by default now.
Anyway thats pretty much all thats changed. It will be out by the weekend."