The Genesis Plus emulator, originally for the Nintendo GameCube and from Charles Macdonald, has been picked up by homebrew developer eke-eke and ported it to the Nintendo Wii.
Just like its name implies, it allows users to run Sega Genesis/Megadrive games on their preferred console. Since this is the first time we've featured this emulator, here are its most worth mentioning features:
* Accurate and full speed Sega Genesis emulation
* Stereo Sound (@48 kHz)
* PAL Megadrive (50Hz) timings support
* 1 to 4 Players support
* SDLOAD or IPL reboot
* SRAM autoload (optional)
* ROM Information Screen
* Zipped roms support
* Interleaved roms support (.smd)
* Load roms from SDCARD or DVD (4.7GB DVD support for Wii users)
* Load/Save SRAM and FreezeState files from/to Memory Card & SDCARD (compressed)
* Original NTSC & PAL progressive rendering modes (240p/288p) support
* Enhanced Interlaced Mode 2 (double resolution screen) support
* Extra emulation support for:
o 6-Buttons gamepad
o Sega TeamPlayer & EA 4-Way Play
o J-Cart (autodetected)
o Sega Menacer (autodetected for Menacer 6-in-1 game)
o external SRAM
o serial EEPROM (used by a few games as backup RAM)
o ROM bankswitch (Super Street Fighter 2)
o SRAM switch (Phantasy Star 4, Legend of Thor, Sonic 3 & Knuckles)
o Mappers & copy protection devices used in many unlicensed/pirate cartridges
o SVP dsp (Virtua Racing)
o Game Genie
o Overscan area (horizontal & vertical colored borders)
o TMSS BIOS support (optional)
In one of the download packages below, you will be able to find a Genplus.txt file which contains additional information regarding usage and installation. It also gives you the version history of the project.
Be sure to read all necessary documentation before doing anything to avoid any problems.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.