Budding homebrew developers who want to make a name for themselves on the Nintendo Wii will be happy to know that a new build for the C++-based sprite library is finally available for download. Developers Chaosteil and Feesh! recently announced the new bugfix release to libwiisprite, stepping up this useful development tool to version 0.1.9.
No new features have been added in this current build, but it does address several bugs that were noted in previous releases. To give you a better idea of what bug fixes were included, here's a rundown of the latest changelog for libwiisprite v0.1.9:
* This is mainly a bugfix release, no new features included. You may need to update your sources to correctly use the display now. The examples also got updated.
* Added a wrong size check to image loading errors. Image width and height have to be a multiple of 4.
* The whole screen estate is used. Pointer correction is also explained in the spritetest example.
* LayerManager.SetViewWindow() fixed. Displays correctly now.
* Fixed TiledLayer displaying (last version crashed GX) and collision detecting with sprites.
* Now doing more checks throughout the code.
As always, please don't forget to read the documentation for further instructions on how to install libwiisprite into your console.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
libwiisprite Homebrew developers trying their hands out on the Nintendo Wii platform should take the time to download the latest version of Chaosteil's and Feesh!'s libwiisprite
FreeTypeGX FreeTypeGX is a wrapper class for libFreeType which renders a compiled FreeType parsable font into a GX texture for Wii homebrew development
Engine02 Homebrew developer Stealth has released a new version of Engine02, a versatile, multiplatform 2D game engine that allows aspiring developers to create their own homebrewed games
Q2Rev Release 1 A port of the original id Tech 2 engine (Quake II) to the Nintendo Wii, compiled using devkitPPC / libogc
WiiRemoteJ This development library isn't strictly Wiibrew, but it's a mighty useful tool that homebrew developers for other platforms out there might enjoy
libwiisprite Heads up, Wiibrewers! libwiisprite, the popular Wiibrew sprite library, has received a new update from its authors, Chaosteil and Feesh!
Wii Game Studio Wii homebrew developer Robert Dixon has emailed us to let us know that he has now released his latest project, Wii Game Studio
Wii Config As the latest from homebrew developer Waninkoko, Wii Config version 1
libwiisprite Homebrew development on the Wii console is still in a relatively fledgeling state