Homebrew developers trying their hands out on the Nintendo Wii platform should take the time to download the latest version of Chaosteil's and Feesh!'s libwiisprite. The newest build of the sprite library bumps itself up to version 0.2.1 and comes with a lot of optimizations to help those homebrew projects out.
Much of the changes in libwiisprite 0.2.1 include many sprite and image optimizations for better usage by homebrew devs. There were also a couple of bug fixes which help out with sprite transformations.
Here are the exact details of all the new additions since our previous coverage of libwiisprite:
* Sprites now also can use additional collision detection which includes the rotation and the zoom of the sprite. Check the documentation on how to do it.
* Implemented additive blending which can be useful for particle effects. Check the transformation enum in sprites.
* Fixed a bug with transformations. Now Sprite accepts u8, so transformations can be used as flags.
* Added defines for IR pointer correction. Check spritetest on how to use the pointer the right way.
* Several additions to GameWindow: You can now stop the Video subsystem, as well as poll for the height and width of the screen.
* You can now use Image to draw on the image. You must derive from the image to an own class to use it.
* Images can now only initialized only once. This prevents from freaking Sprites and TiledLayers out when changing images.
* Some optimizations here and there.
As always, please don't forget to check out the Readme.txt file included in the file bundle for details on how to use and install libwiisprite.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Wii Device Library The Wii Device Library is a cross platform C# class library that provides an interface to various Wii related devices, like the Wiimote, Classic Controller, Nunchuk and Balance Board
libwiisprite Homebrew development on the Wii console is still in a relatively fledgeling state
Metaphrasis Metaphrasis is a static conversion class for transforming RGBA image buffers into various GX texture formats for Wii homebrew development
libogc 20080602 Heads up, Wiibrew developers! Here's the latest version of LibOGC, the premiere library for Wii and GameCube homebrew development
libwiisprite 0.1.9 Budding homebrew developers who want to make a name for themselves on the Nintendo Wii will be happy to know that a new build for the C++-based sprite library is finally available for download
FreeTypeGX FreeTypeGX is a wrapper class for libFreeType which renders a compiled FreeType parsable font into a GX texture for Wii homebrew development
Wii Config As the latest from homebrew developer Waninkoko, Wii Config version 1
LuaFWii Check out the latest update to LuaFWii which brings it to v1