A port of the original Quake engine to the Nintendo Wii, compiled using devkitPPC / libogc.
The engine is feature-complete, with sound & network play. In that regard, it can be considered as a "unmodified" NetQuake client. Unfortunately, there are next to no servers that let you use unmodified NetQuake clients (as of this release, lab.ihoc.net is still active).
New features in this release:
* Improved Wii Remote handling. More stable, and more sensitive. A small wrist movement goes a long way. Adjust the sensitivity level with the new "Wii Remote speed" option, next to "Mouse speed" in Options in the Main Menu.
* New On-Screen Keyboard, with access to most (if not all) keys of the US keyboard. Replaces the old, defective input method in use in Release 1.
* Support for the standard Gamecube controller.
* Switching to "big stack" in key points in the code, allow for more stable, more smooth movement in the engine.
* The engine can now be started from either the SD card slot in front of the Wii, or an USB memory stick plugged in any of the USB ports in the back of the console.
* Experimental, untested support for USB keyboard & mouse.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Newo Shooter Newo Shooter, the homebrew made by Owen, has been updated to version 1