Want some Sega on your Nintendo Wii? Then SMSPlus, homebrew developer Eke-Eke's port of Charles' MacDonald's emulator of the Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear for the Nintendo Wii and GameCube is the homebrew for you. Featuring a TON of changes from the last version on both emulated Sega consoles, this is one update you shouldn't miss if you want the Sega memories to continue. Say it with me now, "SEEHH-GAAAAHH!"
What are the changes, then? Here they are, in easy-to-swallow, pasteurized bulleted form:
* fixed VDP init when loading savestate: fix graphics in games using TMS9918 mode
* added port E emulation and full SMS BIOS support (see user notes)
* implemented SMS1 VDP "tilemap mirroring" bug: fix Y's (J) status bar when running in SMS1 mode
* updated Z80 core to last version (fix some undocumented behaviour): fix Rambo 3 "Game Over" screen & Robocop 3 "pause" bug
* corrected PAL CPU clock value
* modified FM Unit detection: fix FM music in many japanese games
* added full overscan emulation: when enabled, aspect ratio is exactly like on original hardware, including borders (horizontal borders are generally completely hidden under TV edges)
* corrected Game Gear VDP handlers in SMS mode: fix colors in GG-MS mode
* improved Codemasters Mapper emulation: fix Excellent Dizzy Collection & Ernie Els Golf
* added Korean Mapper emulation: fix Sangokushi III & Dodgeball King
* adjusted SMS color palette values (compared side by side with a real PAL SMS 2)
* fixed Hcounter table (thanks to FluBBa)
* added support for original video mode (240p/288p): this makes games looking exactly like on original hardware (including scanlines)
* added "Aspect" option to switch between Original (correct aspect ratio with borders) and Fit Screen (full screen) display modes
* added "Xshift" & "Yshift" settings to let you adjust display area while keeping the original aspect ratio
* added "Border" option to enable/disable borders color emulation
* added "Palette" option to let you choose the Brightness level: RVB (darkest), Normal , Bright
* added Wii mode support (including front SD rom loading with LFN, TP reload, ...)
* added EURGB60 & PAL 50hz TV modes support
* added 480p (progressive) rendering mode support in Wii mode (not supported by the PAL60 version, use the other one, even on PAL wii)
Whew. That's a lot! Now, before you go ahead and install this, be sure to know everything there is to know about homebrew execution before doing anything else. With that said, the downloadable archive below contains all the files you need into one bundle. Enjoy!
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Dolphin SVN r7694 32bit Here's the latest build of the Dolphin emulator, a Nintendo Wii and Gamecube emulator for PC
Chippy We got two new emulators for you today, Wiibrewers