The Nintendo Wii homebrew application WriteELF was coded by cybermind and was aimed to allow users to write ELF files on their SD cards using their PC units. This particular program is currently on version 1.6.
Now Spanish homebrew developer TioSolid created a new program aptly named WriteELF GUI that makes the use of cybermind's program a lot easier. To be able to use this, one would need first to secure a copy of Microsoft's .NET runtimes.
Anyway, renowned member of the homebrew community brakken provided the following step-by-step instruction on how to make WriteELF GUI work for you:
How to use it:
1. To use this program, you need to download a copy of the WriteELF program first.
2. Extract the writeelf.exe file to the same folder as the WriteELF GUI program.
3. Connect the SD Card to your computer.
4. Open the program. Choose the .ELF file and choose the drive where the .ELF file will be written.
5. If needed, you can choose the -z option to clean the SD Card before writing the ELF file (the SD Card WILL NOT be formatted, only their first sectors will be cleaned).
6. Click on the GO button. A new window will pop up. Wait until the writing process finishes.
When attempting to use WriteELF GUI, be sure that you know exactly what you are doing to avoid any problems.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
MenuPatcher 1.0 This application patches the System Menu in memory to run it under Custom IOS and allow backup loading through disc channel
Custom IOS36 rev 04 [Disclaimer]:-- THIS applications comes without any warranty, express or implied
Homebrew Disc Loader From Sierradev:Using the Homebrew Disc Loader, you can load homebrew programs from regular ISO9660 DVDs
BootMii Checker John_K made an update on BootMii for a while but never fear, things are progressing
Priiloader 0.7 For the Wiibrew community, here is DacoTaco's latest revision of Priiloader, a modded version of crediar's Preloader but with some added new features
Neopop Wii (02-03-2009) TheStripper Unofficial VersionUnofficial version with Wiimote, Nunchuck and classic controller support