The Nintendo Wii homebrew application WriteELF was coded by cybermind and was aimed to allow users to write ELF files on their SD cards using their PC units. This particular program is currently on version 1.6.
Now Spanish homebrew developer TioSolid created a new program aptly named WriteELF GUI that makes the use of cybermind's program a lot easier. To be able to use this, one would need first to secure a copy of Microsoft's .NET runtimes.
Anyway, renowned member of the homebrew community brakken provided the following step-by-step instruction on how to make WriteELF GUI work for you:
How to use it:
1. To use this program, you need to download a copy of the WriteELF program first.
2. Extract the writeelf.exe file to the same folder as the WriteELF GUI program.
3. Connect the SD Card to your computer.
4. Open the program. Choose the .ELF file and choose the drive where the .ELF file will be written.
5. If needed, you can choose the -z option to clean the SD Card before writing the ELF file (the SD Card WILL NOT be formatted, only their first sectors will be cleaned).
6. Click on the GO button. A new window will pop up. Wait until the writing process finishes.
When attempting to use WriteELF GUI, be sure that you know exactly what you are doing to avoid any problems.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Twilight Hack Team Twiizers, always at the forefront of homebrew for the Nintendo Wii, released yet another version of its Twilight Hack
Menu Patcher Menu Patcher is an app inspired by Starfall, designed to permanently mod your System Menu
Wii Shop and IOS51 installer Good news for Wiibrewers! Muzer has release the Wii Shop and IOS51 Installer, which means you will be able to use the Wii Shop Channel even without updating to the homebrew-unfriendly firmware update
libupdate libupdate from AlexLH:
OK, FINALLY it is ready to release... I have been working with SquidMan to get the wiiload working (of course he helped with some other things). First off, let me finally let you download it... (note: If people are interested in the source... then email me for it, and I'll be glad to give it.
First... here is how to use it..
StartPatch StartPatch is a homebrew application that patches your System Menu v4
DOP-Mii DOP-Mii originally known as DOP-IOS MOD, is in short; A homebrew Wii system tool that can do almost anything to your Wii