BEIKS Dictionary Reader for Palm OS - BDicty (pronounced "bee-dikti") is an application for reference content, and one of the first Palm dictionary applications ever!
Powered with rich set of language, professional, scientific and even entertainment dictionary lexicons, BDicty will quickly become one of the most valuable and used applications in your handheld.
Pay attention that BDicty itself is only a dictionary program and not a dictionary; much like with the e-books, one needs a program and a document (in our case a dictionary) in order to do something useful.
There is a wide selection of lexicons available for BDicty dictionary reader - both free and commercial - at http://www.beiks.com and all around the Net.
In the Palm world, BDicty Dictionary comes in two versions: Light (Public) and Pro (Commercial). Both versions can open and work with any of the available dictionary lexicons.
The light version is free for download and personal use, but lacks some of the features of the Pro version.
Except in dictionary bundles, the Pro version is a separate product from any of the commercially available dictionary files (lexicons) and can be purchased separately if needed.
We do not beat drums announcing we are the best on the market as others do, although this may very well be the case. But it is your judgment to make.
We dare to claim, however, that we are working hard to provide you - our customers - with what you request: a robust and useful Palm dictionary solution at a fair price.
· Specialized for reference content (dictionaries), resulting in simplified interface and improved speed
· Hundreds of language, specialized and entertainment dictionaries and phrasebooks, including free ones; if you do not find your dictionary here please let us know!
· Available on other mobile platforms (Pocket PC, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Sharp Zaurus)
· International Phonetic Alphabet-based database of English pronunciations*
· Keyword coloring makes reading easier (requires lexicon versions 2.0 and higher)
· Full text search within dictionary articles turns every dictionary in a thesaurus!
· Support for talking travel phrasebooks with native language speakers
· Support for wide screen portrait and landscape modes /where applicable/
· Specially optimized for speed on new, faster Palm OS 5 devices with ARM processors
· Instant lookup from within any other application*
· Extendable with custom articles*
· Standard travel phrasebooks*
· Unlimited unidirectional dictionaries
· High data compression, leaving more memory for other applications
· Dictionary browsing with dynamic word positioning
· Cross-lookup feature
· Two view modes with adjustable display panes
· True support for MMC, SD, MS external media cards through VFS
· Tested on the whole family of Palm OS® devices, up to and including the latest and greatest Palm models (Treo 650, Tungsten T|X, Palm LifeDrive)
· Adjustable font sizes
· Horizontal / Vertical views
· Smart view
· Most recently looked up words list
· Word of the day
· Free software updates**
What's New in This Release:
· Significant changes in program structures breaks compatibility with older dictionary lexicons and requires them to be updated with latest versions
· Resident lookup is now available with rich text output and links as well as for phrase book lexicons
· Support for audio pronunciations in dictionary lexicons and immediate availability of the TrueVoice dictionary series for English, Spanish, French and German
· BEIKS Dictionary Reader now requires OS 5
· Fully functional trials now available