DEPReader - Dictionary and Encyclopedia Personal Reader (Pocket PC) - Dictionary and Encyclopedia Personal Reader (DEPReader) is a dictionary software program for Pocket PC PDAs. It is a powerful and easy-to-use reference tool - suitable for anyone - from language learners to professionals. Supporting multiple dictionary databases in an exclusively compressed format, it allows you to carry your favorite dictionaries on PDA everywhere. In addition to the standard lookup function, DEPReader supports other search modes - phonetic, wildcard, error tolerance - to help you find a word or compound even when you do not know the exact spelling. DEPReader may be personalized by customizing its layout, and allows the addition of personal user notes and bookmarks to the dictionary entries.
· Multiple Dictionary Support - Not only supports multiple dictionary databases, but allows simultaneous search in all of them.
· Authoritative reference resources
· Free trial - Free trial is available for all databases.
· High level of compression - Unique techniques are used to achieve higher level of compression.
· Smart Word List
· Allows you to search for words in several dictionary databases at the same time.
· Lists not only entries beginning with the search word, but many others featuring your word.
· Provides instant positioning.
· Supports search for inflected forms.
· Provides better data accessibility in comparison with the standard alphabetic search result.
· Special search features Help in finding words even if you don’t know the exact spelling:
· Error Tolerance Search - The result is a list of the words with similar spelling to your search word. Help in finding the correct word when you have added or missed a letter, or transposed letters.
· Phonetic Search - Allows you to enter a word as it sounds to you and receive as a result a list of words that sound similar to it.
· Crossword Search - Excellent help in solving crosswords, use '?' to substitute for the letters which you do not know.
· One-tap Lookup - Allows words lookup not only by entering them in the Lookup field, but also by tapping on words in the dictionary definitions.
· Adjustable Layout - Allows you to adjust the screen area for best use. Choose between horizontal, vertical split, move the splitter line, switch between views with a single tap, view only the words list or only the entry fields.
· Cross References - One-tap lookup of cross references in the dictionary entries. For Bible dictionaries, Bible verse cross-references as pop-ups (requires Bible With You).
· User Notes - Allows the addition of user notes to dictionary entries.
· Bookmarks - Bookmark entries for easier memorizing.
· Tables - Tables appear in the search result. One-tap lookup of table entries in the dictionary.
· Text Size Remapping - Allows you to choose between three font sizes.
What's New in This Release:
· Support for Bilingual dictionaries
· Switching between dictionaries
· Automatic recognition of language
· Pop-up dictionary
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0
rheaDER for Palm OS RheaDER is a Palm PDA eBook reader. Easy-to-use and supporting multiple eBook databases it is an extremely handy reading tool while on the go
Palm Concise Oxford-Duden German Dictionary This third edition of the Concise Oxford-Duden German Dictionary contains coverage of over 150,000 words and phrases, and 250,000 translations, with hundreds of new words in each language
Putnam's Word Book (Palm OS) A Practical Aid in Expressing Ideas through the Use of an Exact and Varied Vocabulary with DEPReader dictionary program
Tyndale Bible Dictionary (Palm OS) The most comprehensive, up-to-date, single-volume Bible dictionary available, compatible with GMPSoft's Bible With You, DEPReader and rheaDER programs