It's been quite a while since we heard anything new on the Maximus Release of the 360 Toolbox. But not to worry, 'cos you can now update your version 2.0 with the new version 3.0.
For those of you uninitiated, the 360 Firmware Toolbox is basically a grapichal tool to handle several common DVD-drive firmware tasks. What makes version 3.0 primarily interesting is that it comes with support to flash Hitachi-LG drives, including the new v78 and more.
Now, you need to take good note of the fact that you'll need to use Slax V2 to get the drive into Modeb (Drive letter in Windows). Also, this has already been tested with VIA 6421 and Xecuter X360USB. There are a couple of bugs present in the program, but not to worry, as there are quick fixes for it.
If the context menu does not pop up when you right-click over a file, simply open the application and do Options-Disable Windows Menu, and then Options-Enable Windows Context Menu. That should do the trick. If RAWDUMP won't work with SIL SATA chipsets, you better tread on with caution. Better use the validate checksum feature to avoid bad dumps and bricks.
Of course, here's the changelog for version 3.0:
* Added: Direct Dumping of GDR3120L drives attached to PC. Also features a new RAW menudump which is not fooled by the stealth method on currently hacked drives. Even can dump the nasty 78 drives all by software.
* Added: Direct Flashing of Keys, Spoof data and also Direct flash of hacked firmwares over all hitachi drive models attached to the PC. Even flash the 0078FK drives and newer (I hope). So forgot epoxy removal for now. See video tutorial here
* Added: Option to do a Smart hack on those "Rolling Code" Firmwares like 78 and surely newer ones
* Added: Option to create multibank fw
* Added: Option to split multibank fw
* Added: Option to Spoof a firmware, you can spoof a Hitachi XX version to a Hitachi YY version, you can even spoof a hitachi Fw to report as a samsung drive.
* Added: Option validate checksum, this will allow detect proper and bad dumps before flashing
Be sure to check out the Read Me from the zip file, which you can download right here.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.