Okay, so this one's a wee bit late for Xbox360 and Zune fans, but we're sure you guys will like it. For those who do more than just play games on the Xbox 360, Encode360's an app that allows you to convert most existing video formats into WMV - hence making it playable on either the 360 or Zune.
Besides that, the following features are also available, according to programmer dcunningham:
* Uses Windows Media Encoder as a base, so it'll create 100% Microsoft compliant WMV's
* Automatic re-scaling of video sizes to match your TV resolution or Zune screen. This prevents nasty stretching and artifacts
* Encode as WMV8, WMV9 or ultra high quality WVC1
* Encode with CBR (1 or 2 pass), Quality based VBR, Peak based VBR or Bitrate based VBR
* Predefined bitrate options to best match your output device and network connection
* Folder monitoring mode - great for automatically encoding your freshly downloaded torrents
* Postview, so you can quickly see the quality of your encode, or if subtitles are being encoded correctly
* And lots more that I forget right now!!!
We'd like to sincerely thank dcunningham for this handy little app, and we're sure that a lot of other Xbox 360 owners are just as happy. For the guys who'd like to grab the in-depths (like the changelogs) on this project, or would like to lend dcunningham some suggestions/support, check out his home site. For now, we present you with this gem.
Download [Encode360 v2.0 beta3a]
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
TVersity We are happy to announce full support for the Sony PS3 firmware 1
MediaInfo 0.7.4.3 Windows GUI Encode360 is a video encoder and compression utility that allows you to convert video's to Xbox360 and Zune compatable WMV format