Encode360 is a video encoder and compression utility that allows you to convert video's to Xbox360 and Zune compatable WMV format. This application has recently had an overhaul and as a result now uses a new video engine. In the past, the widely used FFMPEG encoder engine was used which has now been swapped out with MediaInfo.
Dan, the author, was kind enough to give us some of their his change in video encoding engines. "FFMpeg really was just a stop-gap until something better turned up, and I'm glad to say MediaInfo is doing an impressive job on discovering the details of nearly every file format I throw at it. However, there's no telling what new problems might be introduced as a result. I haven't had any, but someone else might. I'll tackle issues as they arise. Just remember, this is a beta."
* Arithmetic error in timerPercentComplete_Tick would occur if WME couldn't determine the source duration
* Default settings for 802.11b in an unconfigured environment were too high
* Numerous cosmetic and logging bugs
Additions in 2.0b5
* Automatic correction for Non-Square-Pixel videos. This should resolve most Aspect Ratio issues
* OGM File Support (Except for subtitles, although someone could probably build an PPS like the MKV one?)
* Added DVR-MS as a filetype (may or may not work. I can't find a codec that works with this)
* Ability to set additional settings through Encode360.Exe.XML
o Video Buffer Size (Bitrate Modes Only - Default 3000)
o Video Buffer Max (Peak Bitrate Mode Only - Default 5000)
o Video Image Sharpness (Quality Based VBR Mode Only - Default 100)
o Video Keyframe Distance (Default 2000)
* Can move processed files to the Recycle Bin by specifying "RECYCLE BIN" as the move path
* PostProcessing Scriptlets
* If a PreProcessing Scriptlet exists, the filetype it's for gets added to the supported format list
* Major Major Change - No more FFMPEG! Now uses MediaInfo 0.7.4.3 Libraries
o This has a lot of knock-on effects and is likely to have fixed a lot of reported bugs, but maybe caused new ones
* Fail-over to No Progress if MediaInfo can't determine the source duration
* Selecting Output to Zune or Zune Bitrate now auto enables 2 channel downmix as well as setting all other Zune defaults
* Numerous failsafes implemented to prevent encodes from failing
* Expanded out the abilities of PreProcessing Scriptlets
* If using the MKV Subtitle PPS, you'll need to re-download from the authors site.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Encode360 Okay, so this one's a wee bit late for Xbox360 and Zune fans, but we're sure you guys will like it
Videora Xbox360 Converter Videora Xbox360 Converter is a free video conversion application developed by the creators of Videora