We are happy to announce full support for the Sony PS3 firmware 1.8 and the Xbox 360 spring update.
As you probably know, shortly after we made our previous major release, both Microsoft and Sony issued major updates for their game consoles, making them an even better multimedia gateways. In order to best serve our users, we issued patches overnight that supported the new functionality of those firmware updates, however these patches were only partial solutions. This release brings full support for the new functionality of the PS3 and the 360 and the ability to properly serve them both at the same time (the two patches were conflicting in certain aspects, these conflicts haven been removed).
The main benefits of this release are:
* Internet radio now works on the PS3. First playback attempt is likely to fail with an "Access to the media server has been denied" message (or "unsupported data" message), this is because the PS3 does not wait long enough for the data to be fetched over the Internet. After this failure, wait a few seconds and try playing this same station again. Assuming a connection to that station was possible, there won't be an error message, however the actual playback may take up to two minutes and more to start since the PS3 requires about 1 MB of data before it initiates playback.
* Internet video and transcoded content starts playing faster on the PS3 than it used to (saving about 5 seconds).
* Library refresh is now reflected on the PS3 and on any other device that checks the media server for updates (leaving a folder that has updates and then going back to it is required in order to see the changes).
* Issues with green bars or distorted colors when playing via PS3 were resolved.
* TVersity can now produce for the 360, WMV7 or WMV8 or WMV9 or MSMPEG4V3 once can switch between them by seting the wmProfile variable in config.xml to one of wmv7, wmv8, wmv9, mp43.
* TVersity can now encode to WMV in two methods, the first is via directshow (which always existed and still is the default) and the second is via ffmpeg. While for now only wmv8 can be produced via ffmpeg, it is slightly faster than directshow and hence it may prove beneficial in certain cases.
* Fix image browsing for the DirectTV HR20.
* Do not block every URL with two consecutive dot characters, but rather check if the canonical path is shared or not and based on this determine if to allow ot deny access to it. This solves some playlist related playback issues.
* The TVersity service is now starting more reliably during a reboot, waiting, if necessary, for the networking to finish initializing, instead of quitting if it is not already initialized when Tversity is started.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
MediaInfo 0.7.4.3 Windows GUI Encode360 is a video encoder and compression utility that allows you to convert video's to Xbox360 and Zune compatable WMV format
MCE Video Encoder Gary Stimon over at Lightning ware released an update for his MCE Video Encoderbecause of encoder not allowing users to change the Port number has been fixed