TVersity pioneered delivering Internet and home media to televisions, mobile devices and the Xbox 360. The team's TVersity Media Center allows the Xbox 360 to access audio files in formats not natively supported by the Xbox 360 (like Vorbis and FLAC), play Internet radio stations, and access podcasts and photo feeds from photo sharing sites (like Flickr). All those can be done with the Xbox 260 via TVersity Media Server without a Media Center PC.
Now the the TVersity team has released a preview version of their patch for the on the fly transcoding feature of WMV files for the Xbox 360 console. Directions for installing the patch:
* Stop TVersity Media Server
* Extract the content of the patch zip file into the installation folder of TVersity (by default it is Program FilesTVersityMedia Server)
* Start TVersity, go to the 360 and browse your computer for videos. You should now see all the videos shared via TVersity plus all the online video URLs and assuming your directshow has the filters needed to decode these videos they should all play on the 360.
Team has also released the following notes for the preview patch:
* Videos may take from 10 seconds to a minute to start. It depends on the bitrate of the video. The 360 requires 2 MB of data to be provided before it starts playback. For low bitrate content (like the stuff coming from the Net) it can take a minute to get to 2 Mbyte. For hi-def content it happens very fast.
* Transcoding in real time of high resolution material requires a very fast computer.
* The quality of the result of the transcoding, can be controlled via the TVersity GUI. Increasing the resolution will improve the quality but will require a faster machine. You can also experiment with the compression ratios and bitrates, these all affect the WMV transcoding just like they affect the MPEG transcoding that TVersity has been traditionally doing.
* You can even upconvert videos to HD if you wish and if you have a fast machine by tweaking the minVideoInfo in config.xml.
* If your computer is not fast enough, you can decrease the resolution and then try again or wait till the transcoding is done and then play it.
* Transcoded videos cannot be FF/Rewind during the transcoding (this is a 360 limitation) however after transcoding is done if you play some other video and then go back to the transcoded one, you will be able to seek in the file.
* It is highly recommended to upgrade to Windows Media Player 11 as it includes more recent and more stable encoders.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Connect360 is an application from Nullriver Software that allows Mac users to play back music or even view digital photos in your Xbox 360. The previous version of Connect360 allowed users to stream live Internet radio broadcasts and access to your iPod library.
The latest version of Connect360 v2.4 requires Mac OS X 10.3
Comments on TVersity Xbox360 WMV Transcoding Patch:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if TVersity Xbox360 WMV Transcoding Patch supports it