The homebrew scene for the Xbox 360 can still be considered as unchartered territory. So those brave enough to crossover the dark side like Matt Stum, deserve some mad props.
His homebrew, started out as a technology demonstrator but then evolved into a game he named Particle Wars. All of the graphics were made from scratch in Paint Shop Pro 9. He says he chose circles because they make for easy art and collision detection (good tip for those that are also starting out).
Controls (Xbox 360 controllers required):
* Back button: exit game (Player 1 only)
* Start button: start game (Player 1 only)
* Left stick: movement
* Right stick: emit particle weapon
* Right shoulder: select RWB emitter (fast but weak)
* Left shoulder: select GY emitter (slow but powerful)
* DPad Down: turn off background (Player 1 only)
* DPad Up: turn on background (Player 1 only)
* Add two more emitter types that have splash damage, map the resulting 4 types to the DPad
* COMPLETELY reorgnize the code
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Super Stickman Adventures At first glance, you may be surprised at how strikingly similar this homebrew game looks like to Mario Land
Blocks Demo Developer matt made one of the "blocks are falling from the sky arrange them now or else" type of games of the weekend
XNA - PongXNA Before you guys go ranting: "oh noes! not another pong incarnationz this suxxors!!!111" Be a bit patient and hear what I have to say