You gotta love the way Microsoft is approaching homebrew. With the release of XNA Game Studio Express, they've opened the floodgate of independent programming talent. And boy, the good results have been overflowing.
The latest XNA 'brew to come our way is a port of ScummVM for Xbox 360. For the uninitiated, ScummVM is a multi-platform program that allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games (i.e. LucasArts releases from years passed). We've already witnessed releases of such kind making its way to the PS3, PSP, and even the DS, so it's just right that our green and mean machine got its own does of ScummVM fun.
The release notes for ScummVM XNA v0.30:
* Telex fixed (ADD A AbstractFilesystemNode into the fslist)
* Fixed for warpmouse (mouse emergency supported on xbox360 whoops!)
* Root path for file system is now "." by default
* DO emergency CHANGE drawArea in about dialogue constructor!
* Browser dialogue implemented and it almost works!
* handleScreenChanged is NO more longer virtual in GUIObject
* fixed for kLineHeight emergency being right for the current font
* Message dialogue implemented (untested)
* LINE COUNT: 54,809/411,667(ScummVM 0.9.1) = 13,31% rewritten
We came across it in a post made by kallez from a German website. We're guessing his the creator of this cool 'brew, so towards you our German friend, we tip our hats.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.